Saturday, September 1, 2012

Spinach Artichoke Dip (Best ever!!!)

As I ease into my very first "Yumminess" section post, I thought I would share a recipe that I have been making for years--Spinach Artichoke Dip! 
I absolutely love ALL spinach artichoke dips, and try them as often as I can, anywhere I can.  Some have Alfredo sauce and some have sour cream (this one has neither), and they are all beyond delicious, but this is the recipe that has never once failed me.  I must warn you--there is nothing healthy about this version (although, you are more than welcome to substitute *lighter* versions of each ingredient), but this is my fave way to make it.  Comfort food all the way!!!


Spinach Artichoke Dip
 
8  oz. Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
1 c. Parmesan cheese, shredded (NOT grated!)
1 c. Mayonnaise (NOT Miracle Whip!)
5 oz. Frozen chopped spinach
2 jars (6.5 oz. each) Marinated Artichoke Hearts (NOT in water!)
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
Tortilla Chips, Veggies, or Sourdough Bread for dipping


Because, for some weird reason, I can't seem to find pre-shredded jack cheese in our supermarkets, I have to grate by hand.  Hopefully you can find pre-shredded, and can skip this step! ;-)


Hint: I like to measure out the 1 cup of mayo in the Pampered Chef measuring cup thingy (don't know the "official" name), then I pull it down to the 2 cup level to measure out the Parm cheese.

 
 
In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly mix jack cheese, Parmesan cheese, mayo, and garlic powder.


Remove frozen chopped spinach from package and put in microwave safe bowl.  Thaw in microwave for approximately 2 minutes (on high.)  Squeeze out as much liquid as possible.  Shred spinach (with fingers--caution, it may be hot!), then add to bowl with other ingredients.  Mix well.

 

 
Drain marinated artichoke hearts.  Hint: Line a cup (disposable or not) with a ziploc bag. Drain the marinade/oil into the ziploc bag. When drained, you can zip up the bag and toss it in the trash without any fear of it leaking all over your trash can/bag!


Coarsely chop drained marinated artichoke hearts. Add to cheese/mayo mixture.

 
Spoon mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish.
 
 
Heat, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
 
 
 
Serve with tortilla chips, sourdough bread pieces, or veggies.
 
Enjoy!!!  <3


No comments:

Post a Comment